Das Update soll die Sicherheit, Stabilität und Performance Verbesserungen. Insbesondere soll Internet Explorer 10 und Windows 8 besser unterstützt werden und die Installation auf Windows Server 2012 sei jetzt möglich gemäss KB2724471.
Das Service Pack 2 für SharePoint 2010 enthält alle Updates die nach dem Service Package 1 vor zwei Jahren veröffentlicht wurden.
Liste aller SharePoint 2010 SP2 Pakete: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2687522
Fehler die in SharePoint 2010 SP 2 behoben sind
- Navigating to a SharePoint site with a BlackBerry device may open a non-mobile page. Adding RIM6 into compat.browser allows users to access SharePoint pages and view documents in mobile view.
- If anonymous access is enabled for Sharepoint 2010 SP1 (or later Cumulative Update), attempts to to access the site via a mobile device will receive an authentication prompt.
- Customers are unable to use spell check in Korean when running SharePoint on Windows Server 2012.
- Displaying Summary Links Web Part in personalizing view; generating confusing error message.
- Deployment fails for content types containing a formula field in Italian.
- File attachments are not deleted due to incorrect URL formatting
- If requireExactUrl is not set for openweb calls, the PublishingWeb constructor may spawn variation pages into incorrect locations while attempting re-creation of failed label during create hierarchies.
- Incremental content deployment fails, giving the following error: FatalError: The given key was not present in the dictionary
- Spell Checker doesn’t work properly with Internet Explorer 10.
- Rich text editor spell checker may work incorrectly on 64 bit machines.
- Customers encounter issues sending e-mail from workflows when the From address uses a non-Unicode character set.
- Updated VBE7.dll to fix safe array corruption for x64 hosts when calling UDF methods using safe array arguments directly from the host.
- SQL exceptions will appear in the log when running update statistics timer.
- Improved performance of the AllUserData table.
- Getting a feed against a discussion board fails if feed contains more than zero items.
- SharePoint 2010 client object model now has compatibility for accessing Sharepoint 2013 servers.
- Windows 8 users with Internet Explorer 10 receive an error when trying to open a document from SharePoint 2010 directly in the Office client.
- Call GetChanges won’t return changes in certain cases where the change log has been edited and no parameters are set.
- STSAdm MigrateUser fails when SQL server is not in domain.
- Attempting to delete a child web from site settings causes the page to fail.
- There is no exposed method to recalculate the second stage recycle bin size.
- April 2011 Calendar View does not display correctly with Amman System Time zone
- Users can create a scenario where a site loses permissions.
- After deleting a web that contains historical document versions in the RecycleBin, rows are abandoned in the database. These rows bloat the size of the database, causing difficulty with database management operations such as backup/restore, complicating upgrade and other scenarios.
- After creating alerts on a document library with unique permissions and moving the contents using SPFolder.MoveTo method, the permissions seem to be lost and even the farm administrator is not able to delete these alerts.
Fehler die in SharePoint Workspace 2010 SP 2 behoben sind
- When using Internet Explorer 10 in the „modern“ mode on Windows 8, the open/edit-in-client functionality does not work for Office documents in the Office Web Apps or in a document library in SharePoint 2013.
- Unable to open or save OneNote notebooks against servers that require client certificate authentication. Word, Excel and PowerPoint files on servers requiring client certificate authentication will open in read-only mode.